Please copy each of these forms, fill them out to the best of your ability, and bring to initial counseling appointment.
I provide individual and couples psychotherapy for adults, 18 years of age and older. Prior to beginning services, I offer a telephone consultation at no charge so that we can discuss your reason for seeking counseling and determine whether I will be a good match for your therapeutic needs. Following the consultation, our first session will be spent evaluating your needs, history and goals for treatment. I will offer you my recommendations, and together we will determine a plan for treatment.
I am a network provider for the following insurance companies:
- Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield (includes out-of-state BCBS plans)
- Oregon Health Plan (open card)
- Pacific Source Health Plans
- Managed Health Net (MHN)
- Optum (Providence, United Healthcare & United Behavioral Health)
- Ceridian Lifeworks EAP
- Beacon Health Options (Value Options) EAP
- Military One Source EAP
- Reliant Behavioral Health EAP
If I am not in-network with your insurance company, my services may still be covered. If your health insurance has out-of-network coverage, payment is due at the time of service (with cash or check). My fees for services range from $80-$120 per session. I am happy to file a claim for you, however, I do not guarantee reimbursement by your insurance company. Some people prefer not to involve their insurance company for counseling and pay for services directly. I am glad to discuss any questions you may have about insurance or self-pay options for counseling.
You are responsible for communicating with your insurance company to determine your coverage. Some questions you may want to ask of your insurance company are:
- Do I have coverage for outpatient mental health services? Also, if you are seeking addiction counseling you may need to ask specifically if you have coverage for outpatient behavioral health service.
- Does my health plan cover out-of-network providers?
- Is pre-authorization required?
- Have I met my deductible?
- Is there a maximum number of therapy sessions allowed under my current coverage?